It doesn’t seem that long ago to me that I was writing up the Generation 3 Wrap and here I am writing up Generation 4’s. Lara has done a wonderful job getting us through this generation and it’s now up to Abby to take the reigns.
Lara had joined the athletic career this generation and Zygo took on the science career that was unlocked last generation. So let’s take a look back and what the goals were, what we accomplished, count up some points, and look ahead.
Generation 4 – Sports & Entertainment
- Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Entertainment, Acting, or Athletic career.
- The spouse may work in the field the heir(ess) did not choose, or any of the previously unlocked professions.
- Once the heir(ess) has reached the top of the entertainment, acting, or athletic career – televisions, cameras, and arcade games are able to be purchased and used, as are workout machines.
There were no mini-challenges for this generation and the first 2 bullets were done right away, since there wasn’t much to work on. Lara, as you should remember just finished up the final bullet point, unlocking TV’s, cameras, and arcade games as well as other workout equipment.
So we also have all the selected mini-challenges. We know I removed one of them, but let’s take a quick look.
Roll the Dice: Give yourself 5 extra points if you randomize traits of all children for the whole challenge (minus the required traits following the crossroads). You can still do this mini-challenge if you choose to have a passed-down family trait, as long as you roll for all the rest of the traits besides the family trait.
“Every family has one…”: This mini challenge is in addition to the Roll the Dice challenge. Give yourself 1 point for each sim who rolls the Erratic trait.
“No well-behaved woman ever made history.”: Can you make your challenge into a Matriarchy? Must use strawberries to try and give birth to girls so each generation can have an heiress. The use of mods to tamper with gender does not count! 10 points
Gnome Mania: Give yourself one point for each gnome on the family lot by the end of the challenge. Additionally, give yourself one point for each TYPE of gnome the family has collected. These are the gnomes you will receive during HarvestFest so do not cancel the holiday!
Hoarder: An extra 10 points for each completed collection the family has ON the lot at the end of the challenge.
Doing it the Hard Way: Give yourself 10 points if you did not use any aspiration rewards during the challenge.
Creature Comforts: 3 points for each type of creature which joins your family’s household at any point in the challenge (Ghost, Vampire, Alien).
DIY: No handyman may be called at any time during the challenge; all broken appliances, plumbing, and electronics must be fixed by someone in the household. No maid or butler may be hired. Nannies are not allowed, but daycare is – you have to work, after all. 5 points
Love the One You’re With: 5 points if all spouses are found within the town and not created for the heir(ess) in CAS.
So far we are doing good on the rest. We are rolling the dice, keeping with the matriarchy, holding onto our gnomes, working on collections, so far no creatures, but we will be working on it, no services people called, and every spouse has been a part of the game, no drop-ins for me.
So here is a look, before we get to points, at what our challenge is for this next generation. It’s where we get to “chose our own adventure” so to speak.
Generation 5 – Crossroads: Criminal vs Law Enforcement
- Heir(ess) has a choice between the Criminal or Secret agent career.
- Spouse can ONLY choose one of the previously unlocked careers.
- If heir(ess) chooses the Criminal career track
- Every child born afterwards will need to be given the Evil trait, until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the secret agent career.
- Once heir reaches top of criminal track, couples can have as many children as they want, because they’re used to breaking the law anyway.
- Proceed to Generation 6-b
- If heir(ess) chooses the Secret Agent track
- Every child born afterwards will need to be given the Self-Assured trait, until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the criminal.
- Secret agent track allows sims to purchase and use tablets.
- Proceed to generation 6-a
- IF HEIR(ESS) CHOOSES DETECTIVE: Detectives can choose to have high morals, which would conform with track A, or they can choose the more under-handed road, which would designate them onto track B. Less ethical detectives (the B track) are those who bribe or beat up sims for information, rather than befriending them. They steal objects from others and claim them as “evidence,” and blackmail other sims.
- Performing any of these actions forces the challenge onto the B track.
- Avoiding these and taking the high road allows the challenge to enter track A.
- Whichever kind of detective the heir(ess) decides to be has an effect on what kind of job his/her spouse must take.
- Moral detectives cannot have criminal spouses.
- Underhanded detectives cannot have law enforcement spouses.
This generation has a choice to make. When Abby grew up she didn’t get self-assured, evil, good, which would have probably made the choice up for me. She did, however, get kleptomaniac, which means she’s a bit of a thief, so she is likely going to go into Criminal and we will see where that takes us.
It should be fun to get started on this, and see how it goes. I have an idea of how I want to handle this, so I’m excited to see if I can make it work. Now that we have looked over all of those things lets see where we stand on point.
POINTS (SO FAR):
-5 for each restriction broken (-15 total) – I totally did this twice with the rooms, and then realized I had broken it once at the very beginning with food.
1 point per $100,000 the family has accrued (+9 total) (This family started killing it money wise, with money trees and jobs this time.)
1 point per each skill maxed per generation (by any family member) (+16 total)
– Kiana: 3 (Cooking, flower arranging, and gardening)
– Johnny: 0
– Belle: 3 (Cooking, piano, and violin)
– Francis: 0
– Lindsey: 3 (Archaeology, Handiness, Selvadoradian Culture)
– Ferdinando: 1 (Painting, Gardening, he also has Selvadoradian Culture, but it can only be counted once.)
– Lara: 6 (Archaeology, Dancing, Fitness, Logic, Rocket Science, Selvadoradian Culture)
– Zygo: 0
Toddler Skill Points (5 Max per toddler)
– Belle: +5 Points (1 for Happy Toddler, 4 for maxed skills)
– Lindsey: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Lara: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Abby: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Gen 1: No fridge +3 Points
– Gen 2: $1000 busking +3 Points
– Gen 3: Complete all totems +3 Points
Chosen Mini Challenges:
– Roll the Dice: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
– Every family has one: 0
– No well-behaved woman: +10 Points (if I keep to it)
– Gnome Mania (Types): +10 Points
– Gnome Mania (Total): +20 Points
– Hoarder: +10 Points (Geodes)
– Creature Comforts: 0
– DIY: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
– Love the One You’re With: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
Finishing the Challenge: 0
There are only 2 gnome types left in the game, so hopefully I will get some of those for HarvestFest sometime, but the number of them is growing. We completed our first collection and are very close to finishing up a few others, so hopefully that will happen soon as well. So far it seems like we are doing good for this challenge and I’m happy with my points so far.