Welcome to all who find their way here. So during SimNaNo on boolprop.net I started reading through a lot of different The Sims 4 blogs and discovered the EPIC challenge. I have linked to the rules page I have followed that is posted over on the boolprop.net. This is quite a challenge and does all sorts of rules and choices that you have to make. You are welcome to check them out and I will also post the general rules for my generation on the posts as well.
The General Rules I have to follow:
- CC is fine, but using mods in a way that gives you unbalanced advantages is not.
- Due to a shortage of the availability of birth control, the world is overpopulated. The government puts strict limits in effect: Sims may only have one child per household.
- There can only be one baby per generation, unless you randomly get twins/triplets (Fertile trait and On Ley Line lot traits are not allowed). If that happens, the eldest will be heir/heiress, and you may not control the others at all throughout their lives. Upon YA-hood, all non-heirs must move out immediately.
- Homes are limited to one room in the house per occupant. For example, a house with just the founder will be a studio with everything open (half-walls are allowed, however). A house with the founder, his spouse, and his child can have a kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom. When the founder grows old and passes on, you do not have to delete a room now that you have one less sim in the house, but the next time you add a sim to the household, that existing room is claimed by the new sim, and another may not be added.
- The family may move to different towns or lots, but the room rule must apply, so if you move just your heir to a new lot, he’ll be back down to a one-room house again.
Additionally there are rules for each generation which I will post on those posts as well as rules that you can pick and chose from to add additional mini challenges as well. I have picked some of these to try and follow and we will see how it goes.
Roll the Dice: Give yourself 5 extra points if you randomize traits of all children for the whole challenge (minus the required traits following the crossroads). You can still do this mini-challenge if you choose to have a passed-down family trait, as long as you roll for all the rest of the traits besides the family trait.
“Every family has one…”: This mini challenge is in addition to the Roll the Dice challenge. Give yourself 1 point for each sim who rolls the Erratic trait.
“No well-behaved woman ever made history.”: Can you make your challenge into a Matriarchy? Must use strawberries to try and give birth to girls so each generation can have an heiress. The use of mods to tamper with gender does not count! 10 points
Gnome Mania: Give yourself one point for each gnome on the family lot by the end of the challenge. Additionally, give yourself one point for each TYPE of gnome the family has collected. These are the gnomes you will receive during HarvestFest so do not cancel the holiday!
Hoarder: An extra 10 points for each completed collection the family has ON the lot at the end of the challenge.
Doing it the Hard Way: Give yourself 10 points if you did not use any aspiration rewards during the challenge.
DIY: No handyman may be called at any time during the challenge; all broken appliances, plumbing, and electronics must be fixed by someone in the household. No maid or butler may be hired. Nannies are not allowed, but daycare is – you have to work, after all. 5 points
Love the One You’re With: 5 points if all spouses are found within the town and not created for the heir(ess) in CAS.
All right let’s get started into this challenge.
Meet Kiana Tripp. She will be our founder and has the following traits: Loves Outdoors, Creative, Self-Assured, and Collector.
We will see you during the first chapter of Gen 1 which is known as the Garden of Eden generation.