It’s so hard to believe that it’s time for the next generation to take over in our EPIC. So, let’s take a quick look at what has happened in this generation, and take a quick peek at what will can expect for the next generation.
Lindsey was in the self-employed archeology “career” and Ferdinando had gone into the painting career to finally reach that goal. We did not, to the best of my understanding, break any rules this time, which is very exciting. This is what we were trying to for this generation.
Generation 3: Let There Be Light
- Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Science career and becoming a self-employed Archaeologist.
- Only the archaeologist is allowed to travel to Selvadorada and only for work-related purposes, until reaching level 10 archaeology.
- Cannot take assignments by mail until reaching level 10 archaeology.
- Spouse may work in the field the heir did not choose, or any other previously unlocked profession.
- When the heir(ess) reaches the top of the archaeology or science career, the light bulb is invented and lights can now be placed. Phones may also be used, as well as telescopes and microscopes;
- Sims may now use planes to travel to foreign lands;
- Indoor plumbing has been invented, so dishwashers, toilets and showers may now be placed indoors;
- Dryers of any quality may now be purchased, and you may now replace the cheap washer with an expensive one.
Gen 3 Mini Challenge
- Discover all potions and inventions during this generation (scientist). +3 points
- Discover all relics and assemble all totems (archaeologist). +3 points
So Lindsey started as the only person able to travel, but after getting to level 10 in archaeology, that’s when we started to take mail orders. After discussing what marked the “competition” of the archaeology career being completing the aspiration, we did that and unlocked multiple things. We also, right at the end were able to complete the mini challenge as well.
As for the other mini challenges that we have been working towards from the beginning, have we managed to keep to them so far? Here is the list we are working with.
Roll the Dice: Give yourself 5 extra points if you randomize traits of all children for the whole challenge (minus the required traits following the crossroads). You can still do this mini-challenge if you choose to have a passed-down family trait, as long as you roll for all the rest of the traits besides the family trait.
“Every family has one…”: This mini challenge is in addition to the Roll the Dice challenge. Give yourself 1 point for each sim who rolls the Erratic trait.
“No well-behaved woman ever made history.”: Can you make your challenge into a Matriarchy? Must use strawberries to try and give birth to girls so each generation can have an heiress. The use of mods to tamper with gender does not count! 10 points
Gnome Mania: Give yourself one point for each gnome on the family lot by the end of the challenge. Additionally, give yourself one point for each TYPE of gnome the family has collected. These are the gnomes you will receive during HarvestFest so do not cancel the holiday!
Hoarder: An extra 10 points for each completed collection the family has ON the lot at the end of the challenge.
Doing it the Hard Way: Give yourself 10 points if you did not use any aspiration rewards during the challenge.
Creature Comforts: 3 points for each type of creature which joins your family’s household at any point in the challenge (Ghost, Vampire, Alien).
DIY: No handyman may be called at any time during the challenge; all broken appliances, plumbing, and electronics must be fixed by someone in the household. No maid or butler may be hired. Nannies are not allowed, but daycare is – you have to work, after all. 5 points
Love the One You’re With: 5 points if all spouses are found within the town and not created for the heir(ess) in CAS.
So far so good. I was a little worried about the DIY with having Patchy, but after discussing it, it was determined he was more like a ghost, in that sometimes he helped out with other things, but wasn’t “hired.”
So what is coming up next? Let’s take a look at the next goals:
Generation 4 – Sports & Entertainment
- Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Entertainment, Acting, or Athletic career.
- The spouse may work in the field the heir(ess) did not choose, or any of the previously unlocked professions.
- Once the heir(ess) has reached the top of the entertainment, acting, or athletic career – televisions, cameras, and arcade games are able to be purchased and used, as are workout machines.
As mentioned previously, Lara will be going into the Athletic career. I’m not sure what her husband will do, but perhaps the Science career, since we have that one to complete still. It will be fun to have TV’s once this is completed.
POINTS (SO FAR):
-5 for each restriction broken (-15 total) – I totally did this twice with the rooms, and then realized I had broken it once at the very beginning with food.
1 point per $100,000 the family has accrued (+2 total) – we managed to get a lot more money during this generation with selling so many artifacts.
1 point per each skill maxed per generation (by any family member) (+10 total)
– Kiana: 3 (Cooking, flower arranging, and gardening)
– Johnny: 0
– Belle: 3 (Cooking, piano, and violin)
– Francis: 0
– Lindsey: 3 (Archaeology, Handiness, Selvadoradian Culture)
– Ferdinando: 1 (Painting, he also has Selvadoradian Culture, bu it can only be counted once.)
– Lara: 0
Toddler Skill Points (5 Max per toddler)
– Belle: +5 Points (1 for Happy Toddler, 4 for maxed skills)
– Lindsey: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Lara: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Gen 1: No fridge +3 Points
– Gen 2: $1000 busking +3 Points
– Gen 3: Complete all totems +3 Points
Chosen Mini Challenges:
– Roll the Dice: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
– Every family has one: 0
– No well-behaved woman: +10 Points (if I keep to it)
– Gnome Mania (Types): +10 Points
– Gnome Mania (Total): +17 Points
– Hoarder: 0
– Doing it The Hard Way: +10 Points (if I keep to it)
– Creature Comforts: 0
– DIY: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
– Love the One You’re With: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
Finishing the Challenge: 0
So there are a lot of points still left to get if I can get some collections done, some creatures brought it, and more money showing up, but I feel like I’m doing pretty good so far. I probably need to push to finish more