Somehow it’s already time for another wrap up! Can you believe it? I certainly can’t, but it has been a fun ride so far. We are now 1/2 way through this challenge, which is pretty cool to me. I feel like I can actually see the end of this challenge already.
Abby took the criminal track this generation, sending us down path “B” for the rest of the challenge until we take it full circle later. I’m excited to see how this works as we continue on. Abby did complete her career and Miranda took the actress route and got to level 10 herself.
So much has been completed this round and we have plenty more to look forward to, so let’s take a look at both and take a look forward for where the family goes from here.
Generation 5 – Crossroads: Criminal vs Law Enforcement
- Heir(ess) has a choice between the Criminal or Secret agent career.
- Spouse can ONLY choose one of the previously unlocked careers.
- If heir(ess) chooses the Criminal career track
- Every child born afterwards will need to be given the Evil trait, until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the secret agent career.
- Once heir reaches top of criminal track, couples can have as many children as they want, because they’re used to breaking the law anyway.
- Proceed to Generation 6-b
- If heir(ess) chooses the Secret Agent track
- Every child born afterwards will need to be given the Self-Assured trait, until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the criminal.
- Secret agent track allows sims to purchase and use tablets.
- Proceed to generation 6-a
- IF HEIR(ESS) CHOOSES DETECTIVE: Detectives can choose to have high morals, which would conform with track A, or they can choose the more under-handed road, which would designate them onto track B. Less ethical detectives (the B track) are those who bribe or beat up sims for information, rather than befriending them. They steal objects from others and claim them as “evidence,” and blackmail other sims.
- Performing any of these actions forces the challenge onto the B track.
- Avoiding these and taking the high road allows the challenge to enter track A.
- Whichever kind of detective the heir(ess) decides to be has an effect on what kind of job his/her spouse must take.
- Moral detectives cannot have criminal spouses.
- Underhanded detectives cannot have law enforcement spouses.
Once again there were no mini challenges this generation as it depended on which path the generation chose to go. Obviously we chose the criminal career and reached the top of it which unlocked multiple kids.
We also continue to have a lot of mini-challenges, so let’s take a look at the ones chosen and still going for this entire challenge:
Roll the Dice: Give yourself 5 extra points if you randomize traits of all children for the whole challenge (minus the required traits following the crossroads). You can still do this mini-challenge if you choose to have a passed-down family trait, as long as you roll for all the rest of the traits besides the family trait.
“Every family has one…”: This mini challenge is in addition to the Roll the Dice challenge. Give yourself 1 point for each sim who rolls the Erratic trait.
“No well-behaved woman ever made history.”: Can you make your challenge into a Matriarchy? Must use strawberries to try and give birth to girls so each generation can have an heiress. The use of mods to tamper with gender does not count! 10 points
Gnome Mania: Give yourself one point for each gnome on the family lot by the end of the challenge. Additionally, give yourself one point for each TYPE of gnome the family has collected. These are the gnomes you will receive during HarvestFest so do not cancel the holiday!
Hoarder: An extra 10 points for each completed collection the family has ON the lot at the end of the challenge.
Creature Comforts: 3 points for each type of creature which joins your family’s household at any point in the challenge (Ghost, Vampire, Alien).
DIY: No handyman may be called at any time during the challenge; all broken appliances, plumbing, and electronics must be fixed by someone in the household. No maid or butler may be hired. Nannies are not allowed, but daycare is – you have to work, after all. 5 points
Love the One You’re With: 5 points if all spouses are found within the town and not created for the heir(ess) in CAS.
So far we are still rolling for the traits (minus the required one), and we haven’t had any erratic sims yet. We almost lost the matriarchy this generation but we have managed to preserve it, we are still collecting gnomes and finishing collections, and we are slowly working on gathering creatures. No handymen have been called, and Miranda was found in the hood so the mini challenges are all still going.
So let’s take a quick peek at what we have to do this next generation before I get to the points. These will be the goals for Bonnie.
Generation 6b – It’s Just Business
- Heir(ess) must join Business or Political career. Spouse may enter the job the heir does not choose, or any previously unlocked position.
- Once heir reaches level 10 of chosen career, computers, tablets, and video game consoles are able to be purchased and used.
So Bonnie has very limited things she has to do. She will be going into either Business or Political, either one I feel like Abby could continue to pull strings for with her criminal connections. At the end of this career choice we will finally have computers and video games, which should be a ton of fun. I’m excited to get started on this generation.
POINTS (SO FAR):
-5 for each restriction broken (-15 total) – I totally did this twice with the rooms, and then realized I had broken it once at the very beginning with food, nothing else so far.
1 point per $100,000 the family has accrued (+61 total) The family currently has just over 6.1 million points so far.
1 point per each skill maxed per generation (by any family member) (+26 total) *I apparently missed a few points last round, so I have updated the lists now*
– Kiana: 3 (Cooking, Flower Arranging, and Gardening)
– Johnny: 0
– Belle: 4 (Cooking, Gardening, Piano, and Violin)
– Francis: 0
– Lindsey: 4 (Archaeology, Cooking, Handiness, Selvadoradian Culture)
– Ferdinando: 2 (Painting, Gardening) *He also has Selvadoradian Culture, but it can only be counted once*
– Lara: 7 (Archaeology, Cooking, Dancing, Fitness, Logic, Rocket Science, Selvadoradian Culture) *Also has Gardening, which Zygo has*
– Zygo: 1 (Gardening) *Also has Logic*
– Abby: 4 (Cooking, Dancing, Gardening, Mischief)
– Miranda: 1 (Guitar)
– Frank: 0
– Bonnie: 0 (Yet)
Toddler Skill Points (5 Max per toddler)
– Belle: +5 Points (1 for Happy Toddler, 4 for maxed skills)
– Lindsey: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Lara: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Abby: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler
– Frank: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Bonnie: +5 Points (Top-Notch Toddler)
– Gen 1: No fridge +3 Points
– Gen 2: $1000 busking +3 Points
– Gen 3: Complete all totems +3 Points
Chosen Mini Challenges:
– Roll the Dice: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
– Every family has one: 0
– No well-behaved woman: +10 Points (if I keep to it)
– Gnome Mania (Types): +9 Points
– Gnome Mania (Total): +24 Points
– Hoarder: +90 Points (Geodes, Frogs, Insects, Eggs, Elements, Seashells, Microscope Prints, MySims, Omiscan Artifacts) *Almost through gardening, crystals, and metals*
– Creature Comforts: +3 Points (Spellcaster)
– DIY: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
– Love the One You’re With: +5 Points (if I keep to it)
Finishing the Challenge: 0
Total So Far: 262
We somewhere lost a gnome. Not sure how, but we are down to 9 types, so maybe I missed one in the HarvestFest. We are very close to finishing up 3 other collections as well. I did miss some completed skill somehow last time, but that is all up to day now. So we are growing the points quick, which is awesome. We’ll see how Bonnie does on adding any more points next time.